Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Woodland I - Woodland II - Woodland III




In Eastern Canada, the Birch tree is abundant, and the forests around my home are filled with these beautiful white trees. It is one of my favorite trees. Also my favorite season is the fall; it is when the forest dresses itself in vibrant colours!

So, I decided to combine these two favorites by painting the background with what some people call “Mexican colours” and by lifting some of them, I discovered a forest of Birch trees! BUT why only white trees? They can be all colours!
So my “whimsical forests” where born!

These paintings are very popular and I have painted a few of them, which are now hanging in various homes. Although all are similar, each one is very different then the other. Those three are my latest series and with a size of 7” X 11”are like small windows of my imagination, these paintings are not planned, they just happen!
Woodland I - Woodland II and Woodland III SOLD

No comments: