Monday, August 4, 2008

Equilibrium - Companionship - Harmony









I love stones! I have a collection of big ones in my garden and the small ones decorate my fireplace. When my grandchildren come to visit, they play with stones building for me towers which we call “Inuksuks” like the ones built in the north by the Inuits. One day, they built a few ones and I got the idea of painting them.
I love to paint textures and stones are perfect examples with all their colours, shapes and crevices. These paintings are not very big, they are only 10” X 12”.

Equilibrium has seven stones representing various things like the balance we need in life, the seven Hindu chakras or energy centres and the lucky seven.
SOLD

Companionship is a group of three “people”, each composed by three stones, representing a family or a group of friends having a chat.
SOLD

Harmony has five stones, each one very different then other, not only in colour but also in shape and size. It represents the understanding and communication of people of different races and backgrounds.
$ 120

No comments: