Monday, August 4, 2008

PinkTrumpet Flower

The first time a saw these flowers is when I was in Mexico City visiting a friend who had a bush in his garden covered with about 150 of these beautiful flowers!

Their name is Burgamisia Aurea but they are also called Angel's Trumpet Flower and in Spanish people called them Floripondios. They come in various colours like white, pink and yellow. They fall down from the branches like upside down trumpets with gracious folds and pointy endings. They can grow about 10" in length looking like dancing girls with long skirts.

As soon as I saw them, I wanted to paint them! I have done two paintings of these flowers and probably will do more. This painting is 16" X 20" and the flower itself is about 12" long. I did it in watercolour because this medium allows me to show the fragility and beauty of this exotic flower!
$ 250

No comments: