Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Triple Splendor


Second Prize Winner in Watercolours
I love orchids, and every year, I paint some of my favorites to be exhibited at the Ottawa Orchid Society show. This annual show exhibits live plants, flower arrangements, paintings, photographs and sculptures of all types of orchids. These magnificent flowers inspire artists to reproduce them in various mediums. I love to use watercolours because this medium gives me the opportunity to demonstrate in detail the beauty of these exotic flowers. This year I entered the show with “Triple Splendor” a one-piece painting of three different orchids, framed in a shadow box, giving an effect of being hidden behind the glass. To my surprise, it was selected as the Second Price Winner in the watercolour category!
$ 500


No comments: